Made in America, these Winchester Model 70 Scope Mounts made by Talley Manufacturing offer a unique and simplified one-piece scope ring and base solution for Winchester Model 70 standard caliber action rifles with rear hole spacing of .860 inches . This simplified mounting system eliminates the possibility of an “out of alignment” interface or “loose connection” between the ring and base of traditional two-piece designs. Ultimately this provides more strength and durability than rival steel rings and bases, but with a lighter overall weight. Fully CNC machined from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum to the industries tightest tolerances, this rigid scope mounting platform requires no lapping and is ready to go out of the box.
With over 40 years of setting the industry standard for superior quality, Talley Scope Mounts have become known for precise tolerances. American craftsmanship, state-of-the-art CNC automation and stringent quality controls have vaulted Talley products to the top of the scope ring industry. Talley Scope Mount systems provide repeatability, flexibility, strength, and durability for the most discriminating of sportsmen. Simply said, Talley Scope Mounts are the best.
- American Made, Lightweight Alloy Scope Mounts
- Fully CNC Machined
- High-Grade Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum
- Integrated Scope Ring and Base Design
- Lapping Not Required
- Designed to fit Winchester Model 70 standard caliber action rifles with rear hole spacing of .860 inches.
- Standard calibers include but are not limited to: .223 Remington, .243 Winchester, 25-06 Remington, .264 Winchester Mag, .270 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, .300 Winchester Mag, .308 Winchester, .338 Winchester Magnum.
- Click here for all Winchester Model 70 options
Winchester Model 70 Scope Mounts – Product Dimensions and Weights
|Ring Height||Rear Height||Front Height||Available for Main Tubes||Weight (per set)|
|Extra Low||.433″||.300″||1″ / 30MM||2.0oz / 2.4oz|
|Extra Low Extended||.433″||.300″||1″ / 30MM||2.0oz / 2.4oz|
|Low||.533″||.400″||1″ / 30MM||2.2oz / 2.5oz|
|Low Extended||.533″||.400″||1″ / 30MM||2.3oz / 2.6oz|
|Medium||.633″||.500″||1″ / 30MM / 34MM||2.3oz / 2.6oz / 3.0oz|
|Medium Extended||.633″||.500″||1″ / 30MM||2.4oz / 2.7oz|
|High||.733″||.600″||1″ / 30MM / 34MM||2.5oz / 2.9oz / 3.2oz|
|High Extended||.733″||.600″||1″ / 30MM||2.6oz / 3.0oz|
1 The height is measured from the top of the action/ receiver to the bottom of the scope tube at the respective mounting location
2 Hole spacing measured center to center.
3 Extended rings are typically used with long or magnum length actions when mounting a scope with a shorter main tube length. Front mount is offset by approximately 3/8 of an inch.
- Front hole spacing: .860 inches (21.84mm)
- Rear hole spacing: .860 inches (21.84mm) Please check rear hole spacing on your rifle before ordering.
- Sold in pairs.
- Includes mounting screws and wrench. (6-48 Screws OR 8-40 / T-15)
- Common Screw size is 6-48
What height scope rings do I need for my Winchester Model 70?
Simplified method of determining required scope ring height
- Using some sort of shim (i.e. coins, washers, magnets) stack up the required number of shims to achieve desired scope height.
- Verify final height does not interfere with operation of bolt handle.
- Measure the final stack of shims.
Not sure what height scope ring to get? Please feel free to contact our technical support team for guidance on your Winchester Model 70 Scope Mounts. 803-854-5700
- Cap Screws on Scope Rings: 17-20 in/lb on ring cap screws. Do not exceed scope manufacturer’s allowable torque specs on main tube. Always recommended to verify with scope manufacturer allowable torques to prevent marking or damage to scope tube. Always verify with the scope manufacturer the maximum allowable torque on main tube.
- Scope Mounts to Action: Torque can depend on the receiver. Please check with the rifle manufacturer (Winchester) to verify allowable torque into your receiver. Always make sure your torque wrench is calibrated, Talley Mfg is not responsible for damage caused to scopes or firearms due to over torquing.
- Although not always necessary, using Loctite for the screws going through the scope mount into the receiver is perfectly fine. We do not recommend using anything stronger than Loctite Blue 242. We do not recommend using Loctite on the ring screws. Always test fit before applying any Loctite.