The Talley Modern Sporting (TMS) Ring is a new solution for your Picatinny rail system with a clean and simplified appearance. These picatinny scope rings are designed to work with any rail designed to MIL-STD-1913 picatinny rail specs. Machined from aircraft grade alloy with a black anodize finish, the TMS Scope ring is gaining popular in the firearms industry as the next great, cost effective, AR 15 Scope ring. Whether you have an aftermarket picatinny rail system on a modern sporting rifle or an AR-15-style rifle, these scope rings designed to accommodate all shooters.
Burnt Bronze Scope Rings!
Across the gun industry there has been significant growth in the popularity of the burnt bronze Cerakote finish. This burnt bronze Cerakote finish is now used on a number of bolt action rifles, semiautomatics rifles and AR style rifles. So much so that scope manufactures are now building burnt bronze scopes and individuals are having the burnt bronze finish applied to their existing scopes.
To help put the finishing touches on the burnt bronze theme; Talley has just completed an initial limited run of this burnt bronze scope ring. These burnt bronze scope rings have a finish designed to match what is currently found on rifles such as the Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon or Weatherby Mark V Weathermark Bronze Burnt Bronze Cerakote Bolt Action Rifles.
- American Made, Lightweight Alloy Picatinny Rail Scope Mounts
- Fully CNC Machined
- High-Grade Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum
- Meets MIL-STD-1913 picatinny rail specs
- Lapping Not Required – voids warranty
- Sold in pairs
- Currently available in 1″ 30mm and 34mm.
- Available color options : Black anodize or Burnt Bronze Cerakote
Talley Modern Sporting Rings (TMS Rings)– Product Dimensions and Weights
Height / Weight
Height / Weight
Height / Weight
|1″||N/A||.900″ / 2.6oz||1.00″ / 3.0oz|
|30MM||.890″ / 2.6oz||.990″ / 3.0oz||1.069″ / 3.4oz|
|34MM||.969″ / 3.0oz||1.069″ / 3.4oz||1.169″ / 3.8oz|
1 The height is measured from the top of the picatinny rail to the centerline of the scope tube
Talley Modern Sporting Ring Scope Mount Torque Recommendations?
- Cap Screws on Rings: 17-20 in/lb on ring cap screws. Do not exceed scope manufacturer’s allowable torque specs on main tube. Always recommended to verify with scope manufacturer allowable torques to prevent marking or damage to scope tube. Always verify with the scope manufacturer the maximum allowable torque on main tube.
- Picatinny rail locking plate screws: Torque limitations can depend on picatinny rail manufacture, however the locking plate and screws of the TMS rings can be torqued up to 25inlbs. This has been proven to be more than adequate torque for any caliber when the mating surfaces are correct (i.e. rail and rings within MIL-STD-1913 picatinny rail specs). Always make sure your torque wrench is calibrated, Talley Mfg is not responsible for damage caused to scopes or firearms due to over torquing.
- On the TMS Rings we do not recommend using Loctite. When properly torqued there will be no movement in screws.
This ring is also available with Talley Anti-Cant Indicator, sold separately. Found here: https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/product/talley-anti-cant-indicator/
THE TALLEY GUARANTEE
NOTHING IS TOUGHER THAN A TALLEY
The Talley Guarantee: At Talley Manufacturing, we place our customers first. All our products carry a money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, we make sure you will be. We want you to know you’ve just purchased the best.