Made in America, this steel base for the Remington Model 7 made by Talley Manufacturing offers solid foundation for older 3-hole and the newer 4-hole Remington Model Seven. Fully machined from high grade bar stock, this steel scope ring base offers the strongest base available for scope mounting solutions.
With over 40 years of setting the industry standard for superior quality, Talley Scope Rings and bases have become known for precise tolerances. American craftsmanship, state-of-the-art CNC automation and stringent quality controls have vaulted Talley products to the top of the scope mount industry. Designed to fit Talley Scope Rings, the Remington Model 7 steel bases and scope ring combination present a traditional, vintage like appearance with modern day accuracy. Talley Scope Rings and steel base mounting solutions provide repeatability, strength, and durability for the most discriminating of sportsmen. Simply said, Talley Scope Mounts are the best.
- American Made
- High Grade Steel
- Fully CNC Machined
- Hand Finished
- Standard length compatible with older 3 hole and newer 4-hole Remington Model 7 mounting options.
- Extended version designed to Fit the Remington Model 7 Scope Mounts with 3 mounting screw holes only.
- Click here for all Remington Options
Remington Model 7 One-Piece Steel Base – Product Dimensions and Weights
|Length||Rear Height||Rear Hole Spacing||Front Height||Front Hole Spacing||Rings Spacing Center to Center||Overall Length||Weight (per set)|
1 The height is measured from the top of the action/ receiver to the top of the mounting surface for the scope ring.
2 Hole spacing measured center to center.
- Front hole spacing: .862 inches (21.89mm)
- Rear hole spacing: .275 inches (6.98mm)
- Sold in pairs.
- Includes mounting screws. (6-48 Screws)
What height scope rings will I need for my Remington Model 7?
Simplified method of determining required scope ring height
- Using some sort of shim (i.e. coins, washers, magnets) stack up the required number of shims to achieve desired scope height.
- Verify final height does not interfere with operation of bolt handle.
- Measure the final stack of shims.
Not sure what height scope ring to get? Please feel free to contact our technical support team for guidance on your Remington Model 7 Scope Mounts 803-854-5700
- Remington Model 7 Scope Mounts to Action: Torque can depend on the receiver. Please check with the rifle manufacturer (Remington Arms Company) to verify allowable torque into receiver. Always make sure your torque wrench is calibrated, Talley Mfg is not responsible for damage caused to scopes or firearms due to over torquing.
- Although not always necessary, using Loctite for the screws going in the receiver is perfectly fine. We do not recommend using anything stronger than Loctite Blue 242. We do not recommend using Loctite on the ring screws. Always test fit before applying any Loctite.
About the Remington Model Seven?
Conceptualized as the replacement to the Remington Model 600, the Remington Model Seven is a bolt action, free floated barrel hunting rifle weigh in at just 6 ½ lbs. Introduced in 1983, it was first viewed as a compact shorter action model of Remington Model 700 short action with its short barrel length measuring in at 1/2 shorter than the Model 700 Short Action. The Model Seven was later revitalized in 2016 with the addition of Magnum calibers that carry the slightly longer 20″ magnum contour barrel and the later options of the original single trigger or the new X-Mark Pro-Trigger system. Available in a variety of configurations, stock versions, and calibers (to include the popular 6.5 Creedmoor), the Remington Model Seven can be set up for all hunters and sport shooters alike.