Made in America, these Browning AB3 Scope Mounts made by Talley Manufacturing offer a unique and simplified one-piece integrated scope ring and base solution for Browning AB3 Bolt-Acton rifles. This simplified mounting system eliminates the possibility of an “out of alignment” interface or “loose connection” between the ring and base of traditional two-piece designs. Ultimately this provides more strength and durability than rival steel rings and bases, but with a lighter overall weight. Fully CNC machined from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum to the industries tightest tolerances, this rigid scope mounting platform requires no lapping and is ready to go out of the box.
With over 40 years of setting the industry standard for superior quality, Talley Scope Mounts have become known for precise tolerances. American craftsmanship, state-of-the-art CNC automation and stringent quality controls have vaulted Talley products to the top of the scope ring industry. Talley Scope Mount systems provide repeatability, flexibility, strength, and durability for the most discriminating of sportsmen. Simply said, Talley Scope Mounts are the best.
- American Made, Lightweight Alloy Integrated Scope Mounts
- Fully CNC Machined
- High-Grade Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum
- Integrated Scope Ring and Base Design
- Lapping Not Required
- Designed to Fit Browning AB3 Bolt-Acton rifles
- Click here for all Browning options
- Hinged floor plate? An AB3 magazine will drop right out into your hand; the A-Bolt and A-Bolt II will remain attached to the hinged floor plate.
- Magazine release? An AB3 magazine release is in front of the trigger guard; the A-Bolt and A-Bolt II is next to the trigger guard.
- Metal or plastic magazine? An AB3 magazine is commonly a mix of metal and plastic; the A-Bolt and A-Bolt II magazines are typically all metal.
- Round ejection port or are there flats? The AB3 ejection port is round; the A-Bolt and A-Bolt II ejection port has flats.
Browning AB3 Scope Mounts – Product Dimensions and Weights
|Ring Height||Rear Height||Front Height||Available for Main Tubes||Weight|
|Low||.400″||.400″||1″ / 30MM||1.6oz / 1.9oz|
|Medium||.500″||.500″||1″ / 30MM||1.7oz / 2.0oz|
|High||.600″||.600″||1″ / 30MM||1.8oz / 2.1oz|
1 The height is measured from the top of the action/ receiver to the bottom of the scope tube at the respective mounting location
2 Hole spacing measured center to center.
- Front hole spacing: .860 inches (21.89mm)
- Rear hole spacing: .860 inches (21.89mm)
- Sold in pairs.
- Includes mounting screws and wrench. (8-40 Screws / T-15)
What height scope rings do I need for my Browning AB3 Bolt-Acton rifle?
Simplified method of determining required scope ring height
- Using some sort of shim (i.e. coins, washers, magnets) stack up the required number of shims to achieve desired scope heights.
- Verify final height does not interfere with operation of bolt handle.
- Measure the final stack of shims.
Not sure what height scope ring to get? Please feel free to contact our technical support team for guidance on your Browning AB3 Scope Mounts. 803-854-5700
- Cap Screws on Rings: 17-20 in/lb on ring cap screws. Do not exceed scope manufacturer’s allowable torque specs on main tube. Always recommended to verify with scope manufacturer allowable torques to prevent marking or damage to scope tube. Always verify with the scope manufacturer the maximum allowable torque on main tube.
- Browning AB3 Scope Mounts to Action: Torque can depend on the receiver. Please check with the rifle manufacturer (Browning) to verify allowable torque into receiver. Always make sure your torque wrench is calibrated, Talley Mfg is not responsible for damage caused to scopes or firearms due to over torquing.
- Although not always necessary, using Loctite for the screws going in the receiver is perfectly fine. We do not recommend using anything stronger than Loctite Blue 242. We do not recommend using Loctite on the ring screws. Always test fit before applying any Loctite.